A Telescopic Denture is a removable overdenture which can be a suitable alternative to Dental Implants or a Dental Bridge. They are used for replacement of missing teeth without surgery such as implant placement, bone grafting or gum grafting.
A telescopic overdenture would be a suitable choice if:
- You are not suitable for Dental Implant treatment
- The long term prognosis for a traditional dental bridge or denture is questionable
- Your periodontal status is poor but can be improved with treatment
- You are seeking a more cost effective option to implant dentures
- You are seeking improved treatment options for function, comfort and aesthetics
A telescopic denture is secured by a minimum of two teeth which must be capped with either gold or ceramic material. The overdenture is then precisely constructed to fit over the caps for a tight fit.
Long term benefits of a telescopic overdenture are:
- Increased mouth function due to precision fit over your natural teeth
- Improved aesthetics with no clasps
- Prevention of bone loss
- Future tooth losses do not affect a telescopic denture